Towards the end of January, I wanted to try a manicure using tape for a design and some ManGlaze colors. I absolutely adore the color Mink Mitten, so I wore that again with a few accent nails.
|Fuck Off & Dye, Matte is Murder, and Mink Mitten|
- Sally Hansen Green Tea & Bamboo Nail Strengthener (base coat)
- ManGlaze Fuck Off & Dye (base color on thumb)
- ManGlaze Matte is Murder (zebra stripe design + tape)
- butter LONDON Black Knight (design)
- Essie Pearlfection (design)
- Seche Vite (top coat)
- ManGlaze Mink Mitten (color on index, middle, and pinky fingers)
- Seche Vite (top coat only on index finger)
- OPI DS Reserve (base color on ring finger)
|Pearlfection, Black Knight, DS Reserve, and Seche Vite|
I wasn't too pleased with the wannabe heart shape on my ring finger in the end, but I did learn more about the effect of a glossy top coat on ManGlaze matte polish. Seche Vite accentuates and brings out the purple in Mink Mitten more, but terribly reduces wear on me. I took these photos barely a day after I did the mani and got tip wear that looked like it spent a week getting to the state it was in. If you notice my middle and pinky fingers which only have a base coat, they look perfectly fine (as they should). Personally, I don't care for a glossy coat when I'm wearing matte colors, as I don't think they should be worn with mattes to begin with. I was just surprised by the how much wear time was reduced because of a glossy top coat.
Anyway, using tape does wonders if I do it properly. I had to wait to do the design part until the next day since I always seem to ruin the base color otherwise. If you're looking for nail art inspiration, I'd refer to Nailside for wonderfully neat designs and simple, easy to follow tutorials.
✖ Related posts: